Felony Style Lady With Wheels Churning

The wheels are lopsided. Obviously about to fall off.  Impenetrable poverty systems which creates crime and perpetuates our Drug War.  Dependence on the government is  at an all time high.  Social services are overwhelmed. AND I ask "why change?"  Why the hell should any of it change?  Pockets getting deeper and deeper somewheres...but not mine, and not the hundreds of people I have met in the past few years.  Systematized into a caste system.

I have seen both sides of my little town, by becoming a felon...kind of thinking it was all destiny for me to see the underworld here.  But all the people that used to be in my life are pretty much gone.  Why is that?  Why such a strike on me?  Its too ironic for me to dismiss.  "Us" and "Them'."  And now I have these ideas for real change from my personal undercover experience!

I  looked for grant opportunities for felons and the disabled for like three hours. What a racket...led me in circles.  I did get offered grants to go to school for having a vagina. Still would like to be a sociologist.  But not a counselor...I may want to couple it with Public policy.  And also maybe I will be such a vegetable my ideas will never be given mind....or I am gonna leave Billings and venture out into the unknown. Fuk Everything And Run....FEAR.

So here is my concept for recovery in Yellowstone County,,,since all social services are taking huge cuts there are going to have more issues than they can put a little bandaid on.  When my friend asked me to help here with her Doctorate dissertation about helping prisoners get GED's that pretty much when I decided I am pretty damn radical in my thinking about what would actually reduce recidivism,

I peed in a cup sober for two years...to no avail.  It was a waste of time on everyone's part.  And I know that every time I peed it was probably paid for by the government...maybe even at high price because I did that 5 days a week, even though they knew I was sober,  NO incentive other than not going to jail...

So I say let's get the pee going!  Lets make every little humiliating test count.  Five years monitored recovery, post release, for criminal expungement. It doesn't start until after release from jail or prison, but at least in those places they would know about the incentive program,  There would be a monthly fee to be determind to be in the program. I have talked to so many criminals that say yes they would change their lives around and want to go to school and become an asset to the community.  If they should fail at the five years and relapse their time starts over at 0 days should that choose to stay in the program.

Not everyone is going to choose this program, their will still be need for law enforcement, judges, social services, monitoring places...but I think alot of people with criminal histories would want to have that behind them and could move on to a fruitful existence

I speak from my experience and that all my degrees didn't matter once I became a felon and I got zero "credit"  from when I worked for the city...it was Alice falling down the rabbit hole.  Alice met alot of really nice people that are marginal  in out city...and she wants to help them to the best of her ability.

I think it is a good idea, really would change our economy and help people dream big again.  Voc Rehab is pretty much closed down right now...so I would suggest apprenticeship and peer mentoring teaching skill which I know that do already in construction to some point.  But there are pell grants  and scholarships up the wazoo...and yes as I stated I believe at this time a felony is a lifetime sentence,.I know my ex husband wanted to turn his life around and he had a lot closed doors too,


There is absolutely no true incentive for a felon to stay in recovery.  And I think the BIG PEOPLE that run shit know that and they particularly enjoy recidivism.  MONEY making on the poor...holding them under their thumb.  Well I think this population of "misfits"  is now bigger than what they can handle, and no matter how many programs we get thrown in or stupid classes, the true incentive  of  having their lives hold value, in a monetary,way will build morale and it will spread like WILDFIRE.  I would like to set this in motion. I am going to keep looking for grants and write a proposal.




Comments