Seven Years in Tibet!!!

Ok. In Billings and trapped in the surrounding five counties.  So here's what I am gonna say...I've been talking to the Community Development Director. We made up of course.  No hard feelings.  So I asked for "buy in" for my business model.  She said what does that look like?  I said it doesn't look like the last seven years of my life get forgotten okay?  I said it looks like support and that I have been out doing research on our systems and that if I can fall through the cracks knowing EVERY service in this town, anyone can!

In 2010 I was working at the Homeless Veterans facility I helped with a huge grant for forty veterans.  I could spend exactly $75 dollars on each of them. Pretty rough and even quite ridiculous to build the housing and not actually be able to invest in them.  I quit after six months. I was the only female there and then the management wanted me to go sit at the Men's Rescue Mission and pass out donuts and coffee while five months pregnant.  I had a system for someone to call me from the shelter if a veteran showed up.  I told the managers to take a hike and quit.

Then I had a grand mal seizure in the psychward.  Then I had a baby. Then I halfway got a job as a Director for women's prison reentry pilot project.  Then I didn't get it.  Then we started fighting.  Then I moved out.  And that's where my seven years systemized all began.  Got on disability.  Forgot I had worked for the city and had friends and drank alone at Hudsons.  Got sober.  Got sex.  Fell in love.  Wrote a book.  Fell through the cracks....Can't stop talking about the injustice.  Seven Years in Billings.  I was just doing social research...that's all it ever was. WINK WINK!

She wished me the best.  FYI.  I still need a lawyer to get this missing link in our community going!  Wingin it.  She said do you really need a lawsuit for start up? I said I do!  I want reform...and I have a way to get there!!!  And that would be so much easier than trying to get financing in this town!  But maybe we would have "Angel Investors" out there too. I heard about that at Big Sky EDA yesterday.

Enough out of me!

Comments