Cray Cray Weekend

So it was going alright until yesterday at a park.  My boys climbed down a steep hill that led to the Yellowstone River...and had trouble getting up. In the meantime two kids come along and check out the scene.  They seemed nice enough and I visited with them for about 20 minutes.  I could tell the girl was DD and probably about 13 and the boy maybe 10.  So when they finally made it up this hill...we headed back towards the car.  I lose sight of the kids.  I wasn't worried about it.  Just kept walking and got in my car.  I let my kids roam and play with other kids at parks all the time...I'm just that way.  So then Mitchell comes running towards me freaking out.  I guess these kids took his walking stick which he was really proud of and started beating him with it.  In the eye...in the hand and "all over."  I was like what?  Oh no.  And mama bear called the cops.

I guess with all this I know what to do in situations such as this.  I didn't want to press charges I just wanted those kids and their parents talked to.  Well the cops searched for them and we left.  He called me later and said they spotted them in a valley but couldn't get to them before they left.  So there's that fiasco.  And then the emotional baby shower.

Then we get home and I say come inside kids!  Let's chill.  Evan stays in the car and he has my phone.  So I go inside.  I also let my kids play with the neighbors, I hope thats not bad parenting, but this particular little neighbor girl dared Evan to throw my brand new phone on the sidewalk.  Shattered it.  So we go to Verizon.  Its closed and we live about 25 minutes away...which is a hassle Heights to West end in this town.

So fine then I wake up at 5 am with "Reunions" on my mind.  Then "One Liker" , then  Missions and Visions...holy shit eat something besides coffee Miranda!  Ok Shakeology....fine. And then its eleven, Verizon is open!  And I need to go to the pharmacy to order my lithium cause I ran out and I don't have a phone.  Oh and I ran out two days ago and I don't remember til night time when I usually take it.  Damn.  Not good.  So let's get out the door boys!  Pharmacy.  Westend.  Get to Verizon they say you can hook up another phone...do you have one?  Yes.   Its at home.  And insurance is $100 for replacement.  So back to the heights.  Pick up phone.  Leave apartment.  Get to the interstate.  Is the phone charged?  No.  Back to the house to get the charger.  Back to Verizon.  Phones taking too long to charge...I need a meeting at two in Billings.  Take boys to meet ex in Laurel.  Leave Laurel at two.  Go to meeting.  Talk about my mission and vision to get approval from my peoples.  They laugh.  Back to Verizon.  Phone needs code.  Son Mitchell made code and does not remember.  Has me trying like twenty numbers that don't work calling from a verizon phone, and I am freaking out in the store.  I looked up from the situation and saw a understanding woman smiling at me...So no phone still.  I had been pleasant with my children all day until that point.

So at this point I am like I don't want to work at four.  Ima no call/no show!  I don't have a phone! They can suck it!  I drive far away from my job.  My friend is giving me a vacuum cause mine doesn't work and the boys got popcorn all over the floor.  I will go ask her what she thinks of my eight hour a week job. I am supposed to be "fill in" but a new person somehow took over that???  So she's not there.  No vacuum.  No advice, lol.  Ok pull it together...not showing up is something you would do when you were hungover.  Your're a grown up now and so what is only pays $10 an hour.  You love the residents and blah blah blah, just do it.  Drive towards work, very unwillingly.

So I get here and I am replacing my friend that I know pretty well, outside of work. I try to tell her what is going on with my day and that I wasn't even gonna come in...and she is playing on her computer trying to print something.  She completely ignores everything I say and is like "can I have a cigarette?"  (Fine).  Yes. (I ask her for cigs quite a bit.) (So I get it.)  (Fine). (Fine). (Fine) (Breathe)  all that is in my head. THEN..."So why are all these dishes here?"  "Oh they were left here from this morning."   "Oh that's nice.  You were busy on your computer huh?" "No."  And you're stoned."  "No, I'm not." Bloodshot eyes, and later I found a shit ton of little vegetables she dumped down into the stove top and just left there.  So I was pretty bitchy. She said "rude." Probably "bitch."

Phew that's a rough weekend.  And then I got to work, did those damn dishes from this morning and viola...chill.  Breathe.  Slow down.  Serve dinner.  Calm.  No talking.  Not much thinking to it.  Pretty easy.  Breathe.  The residents don't even talk at dinner.  Could do this with my eyes closed.  The slow speed of this place almost immediately calmed me down.  And I ate some bread.  I havn't had much of an appetite lately and that is a warning sign for mania.  Its like I kinda have to "choke" down food. I don't normally eat all that much, but today was a bad day for not remembering to eat. Called and left a message apologizing to my friend.  I said I shouldn't have taken my day out on her.  I hope she is understanding.

I got to be careful.  I used to chase this feeling in my past...keep it going. GO.GO.GO. I know where it leads though and I don't want to go there.  Its weird for me to wake up at five.  Its usually around 8.  And just noticing I am not getting hungry lately...and having all these great ideas! Pure genius ones...like mission statements, lol!!!  Just slightly suspicious.  Just slightly my life, lol.  I gotta work til midnight and I am glad I didn't bail for a bad day...I am pretty proud of myself for fighting that.  Its a little extra money that I really need.

I'm out!  Peace!  And I am tired and yawning so that is a healthy sign. If I was still amped up after this weekend???  Well that's how I become famous in my own mind, lol.

Comments