Alive Tonight



It was only ever imagined you and me down at the river.
Laying in that gray truck bed, looking up at the stars.
In fact most all my memories of you are either from past lives or my imagination,
Writing away the hours. Playing house with my Ken doll.
I got you set up so high barely blink to never fall.
You made me feel so alive, but was it you or was it writing to you that did me so good.
Well hey we all know you did me good, but not as much as what's happened in my head.
Ya did a number and here we are cuddled up on my green couch again, fit just right.
But no hey I am about 25 pounds stronger now and today I went boating with my man and his family,
I felt so alive in that sun.
And he treats me good.
I just thought I would let you know,
He makes me laugh, and treats me gently.
I thought that you would want to know what you started with this whole affection thing.
I am all about it, and I couldn't stand one bit of it before I went through all this with you, Adam.
I've told you so much about me and my life. 
If you ever care to write back in this lifetime...
Well if you could talk to one person past present future on a park bench?
Would you pick a strange girl who spent two years loving you?
The one you made alive?
The girl who got to experience the world all knew?
New like a babe!
No matter how scary this adventure.
And life in me cannot be taken or traded or dulled.
Somehow 17 years of nightmares no more.
I prayed if I was to love you...everyday.
And I am so glad I can, and have this experience.
Whether I am insane to one world, and to another famous...
Whether I understand if I love a made up Adam or a real man.
The end result is you saved my life.
Every time.
And I love you.
Call me crazy, and uber intelligent as well.
Call me a whack job for my survival skills.
Call me what you will, I can handle this...
I got this.
Thank you for listening.
I could yell it from the roof tops down until we're older.
And it's over.