Self Esteem

Don't tell me the way I ought to be again.
Don't tell me I am "ill" or wrong.
Please don't package me and label me...and if you do just label it "awesome."
If you want to criticize base it on my looks...my nose...my weight..or my lower left breast.
For these are plain visuals of my shell.
If you want to be embarrassed for me for who I am, go right ahead.
I'm not embarrassed.
If you want to take your cues from Flatt...no worries I take my cues from ConCord.
If you want to try and fix what's not broken why don't you go sit in some therapy...
Why don't you make a big fuss about your own mistakes!
So go ahead and analyze what self esteem looks like and whether I have it to standard or not.
Cause self esteem packs no pity and walks the other way on a man right?
Self esteem always says the right things in the right moment and saves face!
Like I said if you're gonna critisize make it about my face or my big EYES!
If you're gonna talk keep talking ...talk it up I have a leisurely expense account for "talk."
The idea that there are things to keep secret and hidden is alien to me...
So there I walk in freedom and there I believe in me.
No matter what realm or what are my surroundings I know God made me, me for a reason.
So whatever definition of strength and esteem may look like for another...this is how it developed in me.
Pure insanity mixed with pain...mixed with embarrassment and a dash of love.

Comments