Dual Recovery Steps

These are not my genius...straight from DRA website. I was told in fact that if I make up my own it will not be accepted.  My friend and I also thought the Black and White Rainbows may not be understood...you know how a rainbow spectrum has black and white but those colors are always ignored?  Well whatever not common knowledge.  So have  to rethink that.  Thanks all who read my concepts-alot of you!  Well yeah I think they were pretty good right off the top of my head...just my experience with the program, and I must account and admit that my experience was slightly unique and I can't one size fits all, my group.

Dual Recovery Anonymous


BUT!!!  Still adding these as concepts for the group...
1. Reguardless of race, religion, beliefs or diagnoses all are welcome.
2.We focus on our attributes  and we never refer to our disorders as "character defects" A mental health condition is not something you choose, although it may appear that way to others.
3.We persist in finding our own identity outside of the world's stigma and do not internalize labels.
4.We acknowledge differences and similarities between each other and our situations and know that dual recovery is not a "one size fits all" program.  We are here to support each other in the indiviual growth process.
5.We will maintain arrangements with the outside resources in the community...such as doctor, therapist, case manager, etc.
We strive for a holistic approach to overall wellness. we know that it is the mind, body and should that seeks recovery.  We are not one dimensional.
6. With love and grace for ourselves accept who we are this very moment, and with hope we take action for a better tomorrow.

What you hear, here let it stay here.

That's it. My concepts were kind of steppy halfway through and then traditions...and so since I don't have Bill W type respect as of late.. I shall BOW DOWN to encourage more acceptance of what it is I am trying to accomplish here.  So whatever.  It's whatever.  Power of God in 1939 which now today actually keeps 10% of people who try sober.  And here I am trying to do something different and I will get more "buy in" if I keep it the same,  Okay, okay. Let's all be be bricks in the wall.





Comments