Chester Bennington

So I haven't really mourned the death of lead singer of Linkin Park.  Chester Bennington died of suicide July 20, 2017.  When I heard I was in psychosis and I thought it was fake news, because in psychosis its as if all mayhem and pain is not real.  All just a show in the other dimension. He was crossing over...and I never even knew his name.

They have been a favorite of mine for a long time.  In fact  I put lyrics in my first book of heir song "What I've Done," so inspired me my first year of recovery.  I remember having it on the pink Ipod Adam gave me for Christmas, and working out to Linkin Park over and over. Just getting tough inside and out.

So I am gonna just shout out to Chester Bennington and say that I will still hear him and remember him, and understand "why."

RIP CHESTER!
MARCH 20th, 1976-
JULY 20th, 2017

Holy Cow just listened to "What I've done." It was seriously my get tougher and forgive myself for being a black out drunk and all the pain and shame that came with that. And I am just so grateful to be in control of my choices and my body...and I never want to go back to where I came from.
Even if sobriety hasn't been easy for me it is so worth every step...just for that piece of me that was healed...I am sobbing with gratitude. And I thank Chester for bringing these words into my life!  I need to go find my Ipod and get to the gym!







Comments