Worst Post Ever Apology

For the thirty some people that were intrigued by my title "Snobby Drama Queen" I have to sincerely say that I was way off base, and missed the mark on what I stand for and what I meant to say.  It was a horrible rant and I should have left in my que and edited it before publishing, because I was in no way articulating what I meant to get across!

I am not snobby at all.  I am very nice to everybody and I very much try to not judge other's situations, because I have my own damn situation!  I was getting at that I have been immersed in this different world I never knew until five years ago and I have made it my life...the people...the stories and the social injustice.  Its an entirely different world to me and I don't know anything but this now.  We have huge societal issues that I had only ever learned about in class and volunteering...and now I have lived them and been soaked up by them.  I was so clueless!  And I am part of this chaos.  I may have a different background or different morals or standards, but I am still very much part of the chaos.  So I don't inject it or snort my illness which causes my chaos...and I try so hard in sobriety to always do the next right thing, but there I am in the mix of it anyway.

My thought is that when I was drinking I had a different set of problems, but by the grace of God I stayed in a sheltered privileged world of opportunity.  I covered up my emotions with alchohol and didn't know I was damaging my growth.  I like drinking and I don't always drink "too much," but feel to do so ever, would dishonor how challenging I have been to my family throughout my life.  The program has saved countless lives...and I owe my life and growth to it.

I want to make a difference in peoples lives, the ones in chaos....on the fringe of society.  The broken and the abandoned.  I applied for a job at NAMI, the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill.  I thought is was an Administrative Assistant job...four hours, five days a week ...easy peasy.  And much to my surprise halfway through the interview...that said I would be there alone in the office and there would be no Director in charge...and you would be the face of NAMI.  Ok so secretaries can do their work and leave their opinions to themselves, but um a face?  A spokesperson type, interacting with every person that makes contact?

 I worry I am too outspoken and liberal in how I feel about the mental health system's "status quo."  I have questioned this and churned it around in my head if I could meld myself to be the right fit for that? Yeah I am fairly opinionated. I have thought thought because I would love to have a job in the industry, but maybe something more radical is right for me like MindFreedom.org  check it out!

....and that is all I am gonna say until I hear from them!  LOL.  Shoot in foot now. haha.

Sorry again that last night I couldn't get the words out right...and did sound very judgmental and snobby as if I should be so separate from the rest of the world in my drama because it is not manufactured.  GOD HELP ME RIGHT?





Comments