"The Garden"


“The Garden”

Where to begin with something like this.  It was an experience beyond all I have ever had…and I guess there was a lot that led up to it and a lot after but I just want to share “The Garden,” for now.  I had been dropped off to my car in Huntley…I had left it there and hitchhiked back to Billings, something I had never done before.  I was sure that my car would be returned to be as a 1960’s version blue Dodge Charger.  Pretty positive I was famous and wealthy at this point…and Rapunzel or Alice or Dorothy…and Bella Swan as well as Game of Thrones Kaleesi.  As it were…definitely really important.

So the officer that came to my house to check on me took me out to my car…but I didn’t come right home.  It seemed like my engine had been supped…I assumed by my bro and Masterlube Mike…lol.  I went for a high speed joy ride to places I had never been and turned on “I South 29th Street” because Dragon is 29, so that’s where I turned.  I came up on a reservoir I had never heard of…Anita Damn. I didn’t read the signs that day but it wasn’t made for public access!  I pulled my car over and some hillbillies had set up a camp…I bummed a cig trading Marlboro brand for another cheaper and shot the shit for about two minutes before sitting by the water. When I finished the smoke I took off my shoes and got in the water in my clothes. Their three boys watched me tentatively as I began to swim in my clothes. I was showing off because they seemingly couldn’t swim…somersaults, sinking down with one arm in the air etc.  Its easy!  Just try! I took off my pants and shirt…and threw my $500 glasses in the water.  Good bye $500 glasses…(along with half my clothes, all my jewelry and perfume into a dumpster earlier that week….damn!) So I swam back to my car which wasn’t far and arose from the water triumphant in my undies and got back in my car…pretty blind. I remember I couldn’t see very well at that point…but the rest of the day?  My vision was 20/20.

So I was mud bogging on roads meant for four wheelers…um yeah…found that out yesterday ten days later trying to get my car out.  I was driving like I was on a rollercoaster and laughing like I was Mario Andreti. And now my car is stuck knee deep in mud, wasn’t as brave on the way out!  I think my car was magic that day…so I get to this big hill and get half way up and don’t make it and park on the incline.  By the way this may all sound slightly sane? But let me tell you I was not…I don’t remember at what point or exactly how in my mind but I threw my keys and made a mother’s day shrine with a gignormous mother’s day card, I also don’t really remember I how I ended up buck naked most of the day swimming and walking around in the sun…but I do remember that it was.  And that I had lots of energy to swim all over the lake and I could see trees across the lake perfectly clear without contacts or glasses.  And when I got in the lake and I was mesmerized because I could see “evolution” in the particles and natural debri of the lake. Like the formations of life from beginning to now…

I kept going back to this one tree.  Also mind you I had been earnestly seeking Jake Black for a week or so.  Thank God it wasn’t Adam this time in heaven or I could be headed to prision.  And it was like Jake was at this lake with me? Hiding. Playing with me.  I would think he was in the middle of the lake so I would swim out and he wouldn’t be there, so I would pick a tree to swim toward…and this one was amazing…huge roots and like a carved out seat and I sat there I remember hesistant to get out because of my bare breasts…and pretended to be a mermaid waiting for my Peter Pan.  But he didn’t come and the water got cold…and the sun on the shore looked very nice.  So I crawled up almost army style naked and warmed up. I don’t really remember at which point that I became not self conscious of being naked only that it very much did happen through out the day.  I decided that tree I had been sitting by in the water was “Our Tree” and the tree of life.  Another time in the water I swam up to it and got a slightly bloody nose…I let the blood run in my right hand and smeared it on the tree.  Note: I went back to the damn ten days later and the water had subsided substantially…nothing looked the same and certainly not as beautiful.  I couldn’t even tell my tree of life as the same tree…

I walked in the sun for awhile.  Almost as soon as I started feeling sunburned I found a sheet with flowers on it on the side of the road.  I put it on like a toga.  Thought I was headed to a toga party.  Instead I wandered until I felt drowsy and my feet hurt.  I laid down by the water and side of the road…and put the sheet over my head and let the sun soak in.  I saw a spider on my leg…not saying I know how but that spider made love to me for about a half hour. Very sensual.  It was crawling all over me and I remember it was like a spirit and that turned me on like I never have been before…once you’ve had a BLACK spider you’ll never go back lol.  For reals.

So then I get up and shortly after there is a WHITE DODGE RAM coming down the road.  This couple picks me up…and they were amazing.  Tit for tat.  Gave me a black sweatshirt and wonderwoman undies lol.  Marbs.  Chick was crazy like me.  Opposite addictions.  Gave me a black FOX hat.  We were trading shit.  Felt binding and loosing as they were “fishing.”  I had a coke…for “cocaine”  and smoked my “last cigarette” and threw the Fox hat in the water saying good bye to Adam and picking dead Jake.  I saw a miniature firefly land on my right wrist.  Beautiful.

I go up on the hill.  And this is when this happened.  I am laying on my side and my hair started turning to snakes. Jake the Snake and I wasn’t scared.   The snakes in my hair reached out to the grass…and Like mated with it!!!  Right before my eyes as if I had microscopes in my eyes I saw a DNA sequence being formed.  In a blade of grass I saw a baby giraffe, a monkey and a panda….like these perfect tiny images in the blade of grass. And then they flitted off in the air. I came down from the hill the “new friends” were leaving…called me too weird and laughed…oh and they had a Toto dog named “Kassie.”  I don’t remember their names but they lived out in that area.

I started seeing snakes in everything.  Not like fully live ones or I think I would have been scared.  There was a tree a little in the water that looked “snakey” so I walked out to it and stood on it like it was a ship.  In that moment it was a little like Pirates of the Caribbean. You know as Captain Jack Sparrow’s shop is sinking and he is hanging on the mast.  I look up and see gold leaves in the tree like a money tree and starting shaking it and hollering….oh yeah and on the shore was like a glass shrine of bling I had been walking across. Like a fire pit of “booty.”

I go back to find the COKE SHRINE where I had threw the Fox hat…this is where I lose the black sweatshirt and wonderwoman undies lol.  This is where I trip for about an hour making plants grow with my hair.  I can bend plants with my hair.  But if I put it right up to the plant it is not attracted and nothing happens.  I am also uprooting and replanting “new breads” of plants I am creating and throwing seeds.  I also hear a cow mooing…for some reason this makes think I need to fertilize what I am planting with my own breast milk.  Like actually yes I am on this hill buck naked squeezing out my milk making plants grow right before my eyes. I have always considered my milk poisonous from meds…and I like why would I have it for ten years unless my body was all messed up?  In fact my mother thought it stunted my son’s development…but to plants it was pretty healthy stuff.  I cannot imagine what this particular hill scene looked like but it felt pretty fricken amazing to me…but it was getting cold and starting to get dark.

Completely not caring how naked I was at this point I started walking a soft path…with no clue where my car was. It was like Jake made a path for me…if I stepped on something that hurt my feet I knew I was going the wrong way.  I would get warm and cold, much like how the lake had been to me all day.  Pockets of warmth, then chilled to the bone.  So then I see a McDonald’s cup and there had been trains going by all day and something made me think that me and Jake owned certain brands and that this was our land I was fertilizing and that he had gone before me to show me how to do it. Opposite steps as him and I sensed that even my muddy foot prints were making things grow.  I get to a hill and look down and see a natural bridge. And reeds.  And I go stand in the reeds and they all bend towards me…and it was like an alter. And the reeds were witnesses leaning into me.

To be continued…




Comments