Perfect Job

I knew it was gonna be a bad day when I couldn't find my acid tinted sunglasses...The ones that really make my world magical! I've never done acid, just assuming!  But anyhow I came out to the greenhouse and my lack of common sense today really pissed me off!

It's not fair to be book smart only! This has always been a struggle for me.  Ive been told to work at McDonald's when on disability...Just do something they say.  Well I could not handle McDonald's fo sho!  Glad my boss now is Dragon's mom, Jane.  She just teased me and today I was like  "I feel stupid but I am not stupid" she would not let me wallow in it for too long.

I love my job. I didn't have the confidence to try working for four years...It was shattered by my illness.  This is obviously not what I went to school for at all, but it feels so good to be working again!

And plants are not judgemental...I don't have to remember their names...I don't have to have much common sense to care for them and they don't tease me about it! They don't care if I am smart...They don't care if I'm nutty as a fruitcake! I just plant them and water them and they do their thing! And so pretty and so alive!

I did use to have jobs that seemed important. Paid well.  I was in charge of a program for forty homeless veterans...That gives you a sense of accomplishment.  But really nothing compares to what this greenhouse job means to me...

I only have like four hour shifts...But this is just like so freaking good for me!  It feels amazing to me to be working again! And I like that I can handle it...And when I lack common sense only Jane is there to know and she loves me through it. She's like my second mom so that's awesome!

I could never go back to ultrasound...People ask me that all the time...Why don't you just do that?  Well I am definitely not the same person I was when I did all that!  I'm so much more dynamic I'd say, lol.

So me and Jane both decided we were lazy today...So we came in to watch a movie..."Why Him?". Lol.  Anyway I guess it wasn't that bad of a day...Just a little self pity that I'm not always sharp as a tack lol!

It's doable!

Comments