It is Finished!

I finished my business plan.  I put it on my blog and 90 percent of it was blackened out.  I took that as a sign from above that I am not suppose to put it on here yet.  For some reason I listened and took the link off my facebook too.

I think it is a fricken awesome plan of action for this city.  I mean seriously use a percentage of settlement money from my case to buy incentives for people with dual diagnosis in recovery.  I said I wouldn't turn anyone away as long as they were recovery minded.  I will not do breathalyzers or UA them to help...that's being done.  Even if a person lies it will still mean something to them and eventually they may want recovery!  ( I am not gonna give all my incentive ideas away....but one of them will be smoking cessation products!!!)  And no 20 pages of paper work to get help...you just have to be established with a mentor for thirty days!  And a "free latte" for a 24 hour coin!!!  And I happen to also have been a barista in my past!!!  And all you have to do for your "first day" is sign your name and date in our guestbook to establish interaction!

Two years of sobriety to be a peer mentor! Interviews done by a board.  Essay about your recovery 2 to 5 pages, plus ability to share recovery story.  Not a "life story" but your recovery story, either within ten minutes or an "elevator" story.  I really want people with dual diagnosis to be mentors!

This concept also reduces stigma...cause my place won't be like a let's talk about our problems for an hour and go home!  Nope it's gonna be eclectic and have pictures of famous mentally ill people all over, along with recovery inspiration!  Couches and a coffee bar and maybe a pool table! There is nothing like this in town!

I chose to facilitate trainings and manage Peer Mentors because I know I really excel behind the scenes and not the front line so to speak.  I tried to do direct service after community development and I was just too emotionally drained...so I was pumped when I thought of this idea.

I am gonna go be a nut and go look downtown and see what space is open for rent!  LOL. This is the missing link!  So meetings aren't really the place to talk about mental illness and the mental illness groups felt stigmatizing to me.  This is gonna be a recovery hangout! With Peer Mentor services driving the recovery model! And I am the owner!!! LOL.

BLACK Ink Peer Mentoring "Recovery Company"...Something.  I am gonna have to help with a lot of things!  Probably need a board.  The mentoring might have to be non-profit.

AND I emailed it to the city council already!!!

And also I have been excited about many things that haven't worked out for me in the past 5-6 years.  So maybe I am getting ahead of myself. But my concepts are on point...the how's and why's of why this is needed in our community.

Sorry I didn't like the box of "granola bars" as an incentive to recover. Or Suave shampoo...my ladies be going to the salon!

But I did recover anyway.  BOOYAH.

And so it was I am like I am gonna sue you and then I am gonna help you out big time!  Genius!  Spend it on my peoples!!!  All for mental health awareness.  Still need a lawyer!  Bueller?  Bueller?  I am still missing calls with no phone but I havn't really missed my phone that much!  I've been busy!!!  Last Friday a lawyer was gracious enough to spend a half hour on the phone with me.  He said I do have case!!!

Its been a great day in recovery!  Amen.

God is so good for giving me this idea!!!  YAY!

And I put caveats about my own disability and limitations directly into my business plan, and made my hours of operation "flexible."  With one staff member that can be there from 10am to 7pm, just for starters... Monday to Thursday.  No over time in this company. People need time for themselves and family to stay balanced.

I was clear that I am capable of doing this, but let them know that when I need to slow down that I have to do that for myself. And I guess once you have everything rolling you can step back and train someone else to manage.  BUT this will make my business management degree feel like it wasn't a waste!

Comments