Homework

1. Violation of HIPAA Rights talking about my personal medical issues in courtroom full of people.  I would hear my private information repeated back to me all week from the gossip circles.  That's a privacy violation.  How humiliating!!!
2.  Buying into false police reports- ie "breaking in" and "drinking"  There is a report I was drunk and I was not drunk, I was psychotic and my mother was there and they assumed drunk, and went with that.  Also in court I was told I "broke into" Adams house and this was said in front of the entire court room.  Before the restraining order, I knocked on his door and followed him in when he answered it. If that's considered breaking into someone's house then I do it all the time and so does everyone else. But I was told not to go into details and that they had to go from what was reported.
3.  They did not know my diagnoses the whole time...didn't follow up with testing that was ordered that I completed.  They thought I had bipolar.  UMMMM...I go to completely different worlds!  I don't think that watching peoples souls leave the courtroom in pairs counts as a mood swing!
4.  Never confirred with my doctor or therapist about what was happening with me. No one from the court or even my case manager ever contacted my support team. My psychiatrist is furious about all this!  I found this out because I saw my case managers screen towards the end of all of this and it just said "bipolar." And so I asked her if that is what the court thought and she said yes.
5.  Never recognized sobriety and alcohol was not involved in my crime.  I hadn't drank in over a year when I started and was working a program of recovery. Had doctors notes for diluted urine being from med and it was disregarded.  Was punished repeatedly for having dilutes. I believe the only thing I was ever sanctioned for in their court.  Needed 90 days to phase into the second phase over a year into the program and on the 89th day was dilute and they didn't progress me. Did testing five days a week for 22 months and was never recognized. Never got a sobriety coin and never got clapped for...I think I had one box of granola bars in two years! That's a prize for effort! Thats pretty lame!!! Had number 24 which is one of the highest called numbers.  Had to provide even if sick...ie psychotic and not wanting to leave my house. It was also proven to me that all the breathalyzers I was providing each week were not even tallied in the court.  Just the UA's. Approximately 1-2 breathalyzers a week.  Someone was getting paid for me to show up before ten!
7.  Kept on $400 per month GPS around my ankle for a year (for texts?) while unable to work. They didn't care I couldn't afford it and I still owe on it.  About $5000 total cost. The court probation officer owns GPS system.  Not only was it embarrassing for people to ask me about it, but I couldn't submerge it in water for a year...couldn't put my leg in the bathtub or take my little ones in the water to swim.
8.  In hospital seven times while in the court, yet Judge says "your illness is not that bad." They think I was playing hookie???  That day I was on trial for "creating abortion" wasn't "that bad" for me huh? Im lucky God has my back cause the stress of all this made me suicidal several times.
9.  Revocated my felony sentence (I got one felony for five texts and a topless pic, and another felony for running into him three blocks from my house at a coffee shop...I just told him to please not be scared of me, and it was another felony) which stipulated I must graduate treatment court.  They got a letter from the animal shelter stating they were not pleased with my community service.  I was so completely dibilitated at this time a "job" was out of the question. So I usually chose to go to Mental Health Center - HUB or Nami for my service.  You know places where I could be ok at that time. They mandated I do the animal shelter and I have always been scared of big dogs, but I showed up anyway. I have schitzo tendencies anytime I start a new job in a new environment.  I tried my best and scooped up dog poop in the hot sun for two hours.  So after 22 months of torture they just "timed me out."  Lovely.
10. I was put before the felony sentencing revocation hearing while in a demonic psychosis, I had just gotten out of the hospital.  None of the time I spent in the treatment court counted.  I was told it would be a year long court for two misdemeanor texts and I wasted two years of my life.  I should have spent the thirty days in jail.
11. Mixed Mental Health Court with drug court.  No separation between drugs and mental health issues.  I didn't even know who the other mental health people were. No groups for the mental health people like there were for drug addicts. So yes everyone knew I was "Mental" for sure..
But did I have any comrades in the "mental" court? Nope I usually sat alone.  Fun.


Well thats what I can think of tonight without going through my blogs to jog my memory.  And there is also the back pack therapist that must be dealt with.  I thought of splitting whatever I get in a settlement between me and like a state of Montana mental health care reform grant.  I would want the grant to fund specifically mental health in the legal system and diversion methods.
In fact I would maybe turn around and give them back the funding, if they'd finally listen to my ideas about how to make it better! At one point I was slated to give them a PowerPoint with all my ideas I had for them...I think I was hospitalized and it never happened.  And then just this year I asked if I could use my peer support training to help their court. "No because you didn't graduate." Ironic...Where I am going with this...They made it impossible for me to "graduate.". I'm a go getter and I was doing all their shit the best I could. Of course I wanted to graduate! Ridiculous!

I would ask ya all if you think I got a case...but I can't get comments anyway.  I feel like I do.  Im really glad I am doing better now and what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.   I just want justice...and I think its plain that this is a civil rights issue.  I need a civil rights lawyer.  Who is game?

I would say one good thing the court did for me was make me not afraid to be myself...Because it was forced on me through almost dying of embarrassment.  Literally. Many times.  Yeah they made me strong like bull and the bulls got the horns.

Comments