Family Matters And Broken Bones

I have a little sister that was born when I was 17.  My mom had wanted me to watch her be born and I missed it because I thought partying was more important and showed up after her birth wasted.  Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!  Cannot believe I did that and I have still never seen a baby being born. I had c sections.

Well she is saving my ass today. She's 21 now and married with lots of pets! I was never allowed to have pets growing up and she had a million of them.  That's got my hide chapped for awhile now.  She would bring all kinds of creatures home!  Alot of reptiles!  Yikes!  Oh and pictured is Tootie and my sis!

 My SheRah broke her arm a couple days ago and I can't afford the vet trip.  X-rays and a possible amputation...If it needs amputation I will have to a do a go fund me...Cause there is no way it's over a grand. And it was broken when she was a kitten too. My son threw her down the stairs...Kittens don't fly hunny! Ouch again!

Anyway I always tried to make my sister more like me.  You know care what she wore and care what people think.  I remember fighting with her in the mall on a few occasions over "her look" and lack of care for "her look," I was awful! I should have took lessons from her!  And now I don't care! Well all that much!  Ok yes I do...But I wear workout clothes sometimes all day even if I never make it to the gym lol...But that's my excuse! And my sister knew something at a young age that took me my whole life to figure out! Who cares!!!

I don't really feel like I know my sister very well.  Too many years between us. I dissapointed her and myself, by drinking at her 21st birthday.  I remember her husband shaking the bottle of Malibu Rum cause it was empty and I'd been heavy pouring all "sneaky." "Oh just a little won't hurt!" Tehe Hmmmm. Wasn't me!  She sat next to me playing a game and said I thought "not" drinking was important to you?  "Aw well it used to be...Not really a big deal anymore...It's ok."

It was super hard to justify that relapse to my family and friends.  But I am so glad I got right back with it.  I feel totally blessed and happy with being sober now and my meds are right.  I had spent a year flat and dull with no personality and that about killed me! Cause I got a whole lot of personality really!

So my little sis is saving the big "messed up" sis with three degrees that can't hold down a full time job with kitty bills! I hope SheRah doesn't have to be amputated because isn't the cheaper option Kitty ConCord?  She's only three but I was talking to her about Zander and how much she would like him! And both kitties like "know me" and have dealt with being starved for attention and then "oh yes" I forgot you were there, let me hold you and cuddle you and love on you!  And then again I have forgotten about you! I'm not a real attentive pet owner!

SheRah will literally sit on my laptop while I am typing! "Oh mommy you fricken crazy writer! It's my turn!!!" Yep she just plops down on it like this business has got to stop!

Hopefully I will have news of a splint and not an amputation or Kitty ConCord.  Poor SheRah!


Comments