Twelve Steps

Pick yourself up off the floor.
No more tears boy.
Rearrange that look on your face...
Do you know what you mean to me?
Do you know the gifts you brought me?
I cherish your memory.
I did this for you.
We built a fortress out of bricks me and you...And every angle was meticulous.
Every inch calculated.
How high that tower...How steep the walls.
And I am there waiting.
Put down that bottle and come back to me.
Those tears in the bottle are mine...Drinking back the years.
Holding on to a custom.
A futile attempt to drown in our moat.
It's there for protection.
An eye for an eye.
You made me a flower.
A rose of the deepest color...With thorns for a warning.
Our tower is covered in roses...And those thorns keep us safe.
Do not touch!
Do not take!
This belongs to him!
The lost boy all alone who has my heart!
So put the bottle down...Stop drowning in my tears.
Pick yourself up off the floor and climb the steps.
There's only twelve to the towers top...
And there I wait.

Comments