Pearl Harvest 2017

That Pearl Harvest lullabye, gentle rocking for the agitation.
Sifted sand in a shell.
The motion of an ocean of tears, the Captain Pirate Somewhere...
somewhere waits.
He sits in silence, pondering the notion...
of which was this and which was that.
The time in ourglass passes by...tick tock.
The shiny object grows larger, exclaiming life!
Look at me!
Look at me!
Don't you see?
The weight of the ocean of tears, carried it through these years.
The pressure refined it through the night...
and within it something bright.
And the tick tock taught it patience.
And the tick tock kept its love alive for some reason.
In the shell at the bottom of the ocean where it was kept safe.
To grow, to transform until right sized.
A thing of beauty this remarkable wisdom...a valued quest.
A journey from one place to another, older now.
Speed measured in knots...NOT EVER! AND NOT NOW!
And the sanctity of a miracle woven in time.
The story of a pearl that never thought it could be a pearl.
And how the shape was unsightly at first glance.
And there was pain in the weight and pressure.
And a not knowing the whys and hows of the agitation.
Not understanding why it had to be in a shell...and utter complete darkness.
And the time came when it realized there was something to this rhythm of the tide.
There was something to the stability of something hard up against it.
The ocean was there, not to drown...but to cover.... to protect.
The rushing in and rushing out, brought emotion.
And in time all was right.
And one starry night The Captain Pirate Somewhere was out to see.
He carefully assessed if this pearl was in fact ready for harvest.
He didn't want to be hasty...he didn't want to pluck it up too soon.
You see he'd been waiting a lifetime for this particular pearl.
He'd kept it there.  Made it wait.  Made sure those tides brought emotion.
Made sure this pearl knew its place in the world.
And the speed in knots, slowed to maybes, and he looked for the hollow in the shell.
And he assessed the luster of the pearl...and the clarity.
He could wait longer if need be.
Hmmmmmm....the sound of sand in the glass.
He hesitated.  Hmmmmmm.....
He paused for a long time.  Hmmmmmm....
Tick Tock.

Pearl Harvest 2016

Oh the tides...
ever so high!
And they swept me away and under,
and there is no coming back from where I have been.
There is no forgetting that dark see...
or the sun shining down on me!
To understand where I am going?
To not fear; alone?
And I believe My Captain Somewhere,
is somewhere out there waiting...
but then I don't know!
Am I so lost that I am forgotten?
Is my story a shell forgotten in the sand...
where the tides sweep.
Over and over, day in...
and day out.
And its a gentle rocking of a lullabye...
yet not soothing in agitation...
creates something?
That I yet believe My Pirate Somewhere,
believes in me?
Could it be a pearl, then???
And then it is the misty morning,
that bring my tears of sorrow.
Because I feel lost!!!
For what kind of fool have I been?
To believe in something so hollow?
A shell?  A shell?
The drifter Pirate Somewhere is never going to Sea.
See he waits too long,
because of love for me?
It is only in a story,
and my ocean's tide is so high.
All the weight of the world banking on it.
Deep down a little girl's dream...
was of oceans she could swim in...without the Captain's chains.
And his chains are the pressure of the ocean, so strong these
arms,
baring down on me.
And the wait is for beauty,
and the scratching lullabye of hours,  days and years...
hums for something so unbelievably shiny...
and the wait,
and the weight,
and the pressure,
and the agitation,
and the tide,
and the hollow,
and the dream,
and the chains,
and the belief,
and the ever persistent scratch,
and the lullabye,
and the gentle...
and the strength...
And so you see...he makes LOVE to me at the bottom of the ocean.
SO HE KEEPS ME THERE IN A SHELL.




Comments