Astounded

I am simply astounded at the ways I have changed in sobriety. It is so freaking amazing!!!  I am so tough without my substance! I drank to not feel my own pain and be happy all the time.  That quit working during my divorce. But feeling pain brings growth...Who knew??? Lol.

I used to need everyone's opinion of me in order to know what to think of myself...And through all this I was gonna die if I listened to others opinions of me.  I have a freaking self concept! A solid one! A love for myself that isn't based on my accomplishments!

And I am so proud of myself for moving on from Dragon! I barely think about him??? Like how is this happening?  How the hell did I get so independent and strong? Where is this coming from? So many attributes inside me I never knew I had!

How does it work???  The promises are true! The promises are true! I have been painstaking about this phase of my development and I know a new freedom and a new happiness!

Eeeeeeeeeekkkkkk! Recognizing your work has paid off is like the best thing ever!  Damn it's great to be alive!

And yesterday I felt a little blue in the afternoon and I didn't fear it.  Feelings are not bad they just are there to tell you something is wrong. Or maybe not. In that case I just needed to eat, lol.

Well greenhouse work was cancelled today...So I have no excuse to not make it to the gym.

Comments