Don't Let Me Down

Fantasy wearing thin,
It's only a matter of time, til the stars fall from the sky.
Days fading into gray and a boredom, that only hope lost could bring.
I'm just aging away and none of it was true.
Only my heart was.
I don't know how this fantasy kept me going for so long?
What energy you possessed me with?
To entrap me there for years.
To make me feel magic like that, that life was not all it seemed.
I know there is so much more, but I can't go on in this duldrum.
The sea of futility swallows me whole, while I look for a normal life not to be found.
And it is in that normal life, that I think I see you.
Here and there, and everywhere.
But nowhere.
You are nowhere.
And your fictional presence kept me afloat.
Hoping one day, maybe just maybe...
But it's empty, the well is dry.
I need new life...
Some fresh horizon.
So God smile upon me...
And don't let me down.