Hazy Monday Morning...

The vision is a little hazy,
that's why the dreams were black last night.
That's why in darkness its not your face I see,
but your holding my hand.
That's why the faces always morph...
that's why I don't remember the look of his hands but only the touch.
That's why the fear in his eyes, the one who does not know.
That's why the order was off.
That's the flower in my hair, the pebble that you gave me.
The grain of sand in my shell.
The ring around my finger...
The I'll be wrapped around your waste.
The sketched image of an only son,
and the only vision spliced with reality.
The caress of a spoon, and a not alone.
And we made all these memories last night...
You and I, and God.
And it filled in the spaces of time, where you left me.
On that last day of school, at twelve.
Oh, the reel was different, and the pain forgotten.
Where the darkness meets the light.
Where my psychosis starts, where it ends.
Where there is this circle that unites us,
Where we tie the knot.
And where the not is real, and the real is not.
That's all the memories, when you were not there.
That I remembered last night.
And I was awake in Flatt, and we made memories from
Prom to Europe, from road trips to the west coast.
And the statue of liberty, and the sand on the beach
between or toes.
And all the pictures we never got to take.
And alcohol never needed to exist between us.
And I got to see your smile in memories made.
God gave me last night through songs.
And a trip down memory lane with you.
And all the life we wanted, but never happened.
Flash after flash of a camera in my mind.
And the love and the laughter we shared,
well it was amazing.
And I wasn't dreaming.
And I was awake.
And there was never that car in your mom's garage, at twenty-three.
And then we were thirty two together.
And in the hazy Monday morning...
You walked through the door.