What if?

What if love's time clock ran backwards?
What if something that happened in 2002, correlated to something that happened in 1991?
What if in 1994 freshman year I would have stayed On the Right Track?
What if 22 years later it mattered on a night like tonight?
What if right now that apple in your eye, was a note written to a lover centuries ago, and it pertains to this very moment?
What if all realities collided at once?
What if there was an accord in unison, and the realms matched up, and I really could see you?
I know it happens in my dreams, and sometimes when I am awake I feel like I am dreaming, so could I see you?
I want to see your smile...what if I could.
How afraid would I be... to have figured out something to be true, and to not be insane?
If it were all real, this connection I have to you?
You reached out your hand and said "come with me!" To where? To what time? To what place?
And if I could go back to 2002, would I say yes, What if I would have said yes?  Would you still be here, and would you be imprinted on my soul in the same way?
But you are gone, fourteen years!  Where did you go? I know I can hear you sometimes.
And it is love's timer ticking down to a big event...and the excitement of it gets me all wound up.
And then I am wrong, and then I am right, and then it is again a let down, and then again there is hope!  Always some clue!!!
You've left me clues!!!
It is so fascinating this romance!
Because I saw it all in Adam, but there was a line up, and I was one person off in a countdown, one person wrong, and it set the whole lineup to reorder!
And if I were to reach out and touch your hand, in that moment in 2002, and not be afraid and just trust you?  Where are we?  Because "I do!"
Over and over in my mind, I take your hand that night, and its like in the next blink we are jumping off a waterfall in the tropics, and all I had to do was trust my best friend.
And I walk through a door and you catch my eye, no I catch yours, it never matters either way, because we know.  And its like the world spins around us, and everyone dances with the correct partner, with correct steps so that it is God's masterpiece, and everyone is happy, and we are all there!
All the oddities don't matter when I am there with you.  And we fit in the way that Adam and I fit to this realm, like oil and water, in an ever exchanging insight duality, crossing paths over and over and drowning with the op-positional force.
But it was the yin yang sign that brought me to this.  And the one chromosome sequence difference of DNA, that when studied under a microscope, lead me to trust my dreams!  Complete opposites me and Adam...complete polar opposites. And like a red ball bouncing off the ying yang symbol, you and I were again playing foursquare in the sixth grade...and the red ball bounced out of bounds into the realm of the Crossed-over and there you were!!!
And its like magic the way I know and trust you.
And we are both three months now. Well at least til midnight.  My birthday fell on the first of the month.  And anyway, we are past the "recovery room" stage, although I knew you in the womb...and its this circle I sense that always leads me back to you.
And it was one sequence off, one blip on the radar...one missed connection.  And one outstretched hand...on one night, many moons ago.

Where are we???

Do we have a white picket fence???  A minivan and 2.2 children?