Together...

So your ducks are in a row,
And your fence is too.
Your walls are up.
Think you look pretty, kind of.
Think they think...you are smart.
Shadow of who you could be to seem sane.
Collected.
You deposit your checks every two weeks.
You check your mail, and respond.
You cross your eyes, and dot your tees.
If they only knew how hard you worked,
To escape this lot in life.
Good grades, degrees...countless accolades.
High achiever, bread winner.
Go get them, build it so high...
Only God could take it down.
Never need a man...work, work, work.
Deception was, none of it mattered.
I don't fit this cookie cutter,
Can't punch your clock.
It's not like a zodiac sign could tell me,
That all that striving to be successful wasn't my path?
That I would be rendered useless to our society?
That I would have to find a greater depth than a dollar sign.
That I would be so blessed to see it all fall apart?
To have a mess wrapped up in a big red bow,
That only I know is a gift.
And have it be impossible to say and be believed...
That this life is so much bigger,
Than having the appearance of having it all together.