The Way...

It was in the way you walked that I knew you.
A tall walk, and the shifting of something, in your hands from side to side.
The way you leaned against a pop machine,
Like you held it up.
So strong...but so gentle.
The way your deep voice went up an octave,
When you were excited.
The way you made my heart beat fast...
The hesitancy and fukn brooding stare.
Like you were thinking in a million different directions.
It was the way you said you "didn't talk much,"
But everything you said pierced my soul...
And not so much at the time,
But in memories...
Like I had had a billion before to remind me.
I don't know anymore, why?
Just that it's like a dream.
Because I can remember every movement of your way.
Like I know you inside and out.
And it must be in dreams...
There is no other way to explain.
Our souls kissed...
And I knew.
No they've entertwined,
And I entertain thoughts of still breath on breath...
Like breathing in air it comes so natural.
And though I am so afraid...
The way I feel connected.
Is something so much bigger,
Than the way it looks "on paper."

Comments