Sitting by the Cocoon...

Moving ever so slowly out of the raptured cocoon...
Sifting through the wanting heart to let go...
and into the unknown.
A certain safety but the wings are wet...
They are brave and bold but somewhat hesitant to fly solo.
There is a certain known edge of aloneness creeping in.
And it's to the point of a memory to keep.
Something like a soft pillow and blanket and a cold day when you have the sniffles.
Something like chicken noodle, just because it's their sell on it.
Someone predictable and soft like Dragon?
Or the unknown could be anybody, or no one at all?
Why keep pushing for that love? When it is lost?
It's a life behind me?
When it was all but a comfort, in time of need of comforting.
And it was what it was. And just that...a comfortable hold.
A safe space to grow in...a security of trust and truth and warmth.
And of a plan that could never be...
And of dreams beyond what I was capable...of being a mother again?
Could I have done that for him?
The talk and chatter of it...but knowing I was not well?
Dreaming of flying, while strapped in tight on a tree limb thrown about in a hurricane?
Dreaming of a destiny to unravel, and beat the odds, and I just wanted to make a man happy.
Unmatched, though I found such a connection...and like before with Adam...but Dragon was real and went through it all.
Unafraid.
I guess that's what I am...unafraid.
As enchanting as it may sound I have this fairytale to see til an end.
A proper ending may in fact to be a solo flight.
As I love my three ghosts...I now know how real it can be.
And to settle for "less than" in a chasing dream of comfort and chicken noodle and what once was a concept of my Dragon to me...
Well it was just part of my story...and it's still in the making.
An angelic love beats true or the soul defeats it.
Just in waiting; my colors...and grateful for the cocoon when it was near.