Straight Tequila night stand

                                 I was born back wars ya see? On a straight tequila night.
                            My crooked back and lies followed me near where every one.
I looked out at the skyline and said to my therapist what's a matter with these peoples grammars?

Talks of Tallahasee? Triumphant tube socks once again, laying around my night stand. One time even I was read a fortunate tale he done told me "here put this under your tongue and don't drink until it melts in your mouth. " but that was moons ago.  And on the real black nights I didn't even cry.

"A lollipop? Are you for real little boy?" "So How many licks til you see the core then?"

And the "little cutie" done said "Until you know all there is about me, from you standing on your head on the balance beam, scoring points by spitting pumpkin seeds through little imaginary orange hoops, right in the places where the basketball players used to strive to recruit and rectify the last time they saw you was pretty."


 And she thought.  And she thought,and frickin thought for years, and she never said one word.

But in her head?

Ya know it could be this work is over? I am mad at you now, you know?

I showed you the soul of an angle protracted at preciseLee the right lien gleam of a candlestick, south of arrow, you know more like a fukn weather vein, pointed true north to an Atlas with a Mark in the middle of it, pointed at our real home in Europe!!! Arrggghhh...and then you!  YOU YOU YOU! So you steal my deck of cards, take all my aces and then try to play monopoly? On my very own board??? By heavens, you don't even play RISK Right!
 And you won't pass go? C'mon you have the get out of jail free card, on your damn ship...now use it please.  Anywhoos I tolds ya all I was born backwards....damn I am too old for this shit!!!

And damn this field is gorgeous like we used to be. Back in 93.
When a sing song virgin thought she was dancing to her own beat and she missed the rhythm of your light beams coming from that large ugly truck you always hated, but I haven't lost that memory at all. The way you were leaning up, all posture perfect against that brick wall,  like somehow it had been whipped into your core, to stand up straight!  "Ima a bass add MF with attitude!

It wasn't Tallahasee where I saw you first it was on the back roads in Oh hi oh, it's you? And you pulled my stringy hair back from around my eyes and I was 12 and you asked me to please take off my glasses. And then something like magic I was older now.
But you teased me a bunch straight through the years and even though we swung from tire swings and jumped off of  cliffs together, there was no saying or telling what would come after, but you left me be, didn't you?
And should I set the hay field on fire to show you, that I grew up right?
Nah it ain't our crop, and that aren't our Parole officers watching over us.
Simple summer night and my friend Katy did told me this time,
"Ah babe your too easy to figure out!"

Well humph Katydid was right!!! So I said let me show you some thing weird...I been sucking on this here lollipop near 20 years!!!
And I was dreaming the whole time...who I was gonna be when I grew up and met you!


He said well ain't that sweet, I just woke up from a combine accident which left me in a coma all these years and well I promised myself if I ever forgot what you look like in glasses, I would take them off of you.
You are so silly boy...that was yesterday. And she laughed and giggled and push him off a very short  brick wall,  straight into some pig slop! And when he came too he was only 14...and up out the mud, he asked the little stringy haired girl to marry him, but only if she could shoot Wild Turkey, and dance in the moonshine, and that she should never take one tear drop for granted.  And she said but I am only 12?  The boy said "duck, now, hurry. listen" time takes time and you need to listen to me okay???"  She ducked down low and the young man, hovered over here. His hair kind of swept over her face, a way she like but was certainly not used to thinking of the gawky kid that way. They listened and it was like something was flying right over their heads!  Very loud and obnoxious screeching sound and then the sound of glass hit the solid ground with a smash! 


She walks in the room like totally freaking out, its a whole knew crowd this time..she is 32.  He sees her.  She smiles. And she walks over and hands him, the keys to their mansion which was purchased from some cell mates.

 And as odd as time travel may sound...believe this is a story as such and here back to the beginning.

"Did I miss something?  You do know I am kind of a awkward girl??? Why are you all being so protective of me?  Are you really sure I am okay?" My teeth are crooked, but can kick the highest on the squad. Right???  Are you sure this man really loves me? "Tell me what did I miss?  I am always missing the point or something...like God made me that way for a reason.  I am pretty sure I am missing part of my brain...???"


"Nah Mandy, all you missed was one bad night, one bad night, so Your dad just threw that bottle that was to kill ya, over your head,because we all love you and want you to be safe!

Happy Sweet Sixteen!!!



And these two lived happily ever after.  Yes I did get like my worst grade ever in college for Creative Writing...my teacher told me I lacked imagination and depth.  YAHOO!  to yoo hoo.

Tales from the farm lol...