Fenceline

I love the way she sits on that fence for me...swinging her legs, twirling her baton.
She throws me the peace sign, and I throw her "the bird," she seems used to it.
Odd that girl. Weirdest in my class...everyone picks on her.
She is a little "Go. Fight. Win." And "I give up..." All in the same sentence.
She is gawking at my hot rod, and I ain't having it!
She reminds me of youth and dreams, way too much, and there is no time for that.
Time takes time. I told her. And it's like she took it as a bet.
I  know that I inspire her to work harder, even though she is tenacious as hell already.
She is dusk at summertime, when I want to be quiet, she will rev up the jet ski...
You know "wake the lake," and like I said, I just wanted to sit here and say nothing.
Maybe hold her hand and take a walk...but my God this girl will not stop talking!
Around and around me like a tornado, she tries to impress me, and her hips are knocking shit over!
I am not saying she is clumsy, just a little awkward the way she makes a clamour about me!
Like I ain't used to no fuss over me...call me a ghost man...and she looks like she should  date jocks.
Well I do love her clumsy hips, and awkward juvenile implications, I mean it's only junior high right?
She likes me mostly because I am Irish, I like that she is athletic and smarter than me in math.
I am sure of one thing. She must be kinda stupid, because she is really pretty and nice.
It is so embarrassing this girl is sitting on the fence, and now she smoking a cigarette.
All the boys pick on her. All the girls do too.
It's like she needed to get tougher or something.
So anyway this time when I walked by with my friends...I said "that bitch is crazy." And laughed.
And I knew I could never tell anyone ever, that I thought she was amazing...
The way I knew she loved me. And the way she sat on that fence just for me.
I wonder whatever happened to that girl?




RIP Tallnfrecklesnredhair...Junior high crush died of alcoholic suicide.