Memory Day

Took that risk to knock on your heart with a smile.
Told you I was in love, and it was reported as breaking in.
Now I know I am crazy, but I wasn't at the time.
It was today May 25th, but it wasn't a memory day.
It wasn't things I didn't understand...it wasn't a cold cell,
It was just a girl and her heart.
It wasn't weak or desperate...it was a million miles traveled found.
So glad you didn't say yes.
So glad you pushed me away...
It was all for best.
Amazing to not be just one that never loved...
Or pushed you aside as nothing.
For who could tell who you are? To me.

My sonnet and story...and though I sometimes can't separate...
I know God had a purpose of all our calamity.
So much shit talk...had to grow or die.
Just as pretend as pretend could be...
Just someone to write to in the night.
And it doesn't matter that I fake you care?
It's something to write to stay breathing you know?
So I am sorry if I can't separate, I don't know how.
It's like the wind in my lungs now...like little American Tales.
Singing "Somewhere Out There."
I was a healthy young girl...watched those mice.
American Dreams.
And now just Memory day.
Somewhere Out there someone is loving you tonight.
Someone wishing on the same bright star.
Steigen Fur de mond.