Bow and Strings

Riddle my fiddle the story of a violin that once was in my hands.  Oh I had some talent, all right for a sixth grader.  In fifth grade we rented one for the public school orchestra...when my step grandparents noticed I was pretty good they bought me my very own.

And LO...but lo and behold we moved 15 minutes away to a land of darkness and evil lurking with no free orchestra classes...and lo there is sat, until two years later it was taken from me.  They took it because I didn't play it on my own without lessons. We was po...no private lessons for me.  Anyway.

I didn't care...until I saw my friend Carrie from sixth grade paying her viola when we lived in Spokane at age 21...or everytime I heard that talent in a song, I would tear up.  Or when I saw someone else with a musical talent I would say, I should have had that kind of talent!  ALmost every single time I would here the violin in contemporary music I would get emotional...

So starting about that age I began asking my grandparents every few years if I could have my violin back?  No.  I would write letters and tell them the sonnet of my woe and how I feel bad that at 14, I didn't play it.

Years pass and I ask again.

Years pass and I ask again, the answer is always no.

So in the year I got sober, I decided I would rent a violin and take lessons, because it always so tugged at my heart.  My Grandma secretly co-signed because at that time my credit wasn't even good enough to rent a violin.

So I took lessons once a week from January to August...yes because in August I went to jail for the first time and missed my $30, payment.  Yes, I cried returning it.  Yes I felt like a schmuck to my Grandma.  I had taught myself to play With or Without you by U2 one of my favorite songs...I was going to play it for Adam naked was the plan lol...silly plans!  Looking back maybe that is being a little too nice, but it is what I envisioned non the less.  And that of course spurned on my twice a day workouts...cuz if you are going to play an instrument naked, well you are gonna be naked, tehe.

Anywho enough about naked. More naked?  Nah jk.

Well it was my Grandpa that was always the one saying no to giving me back my violin.  He passed away of Parkinson's this year. 

Maybe I will get to fiddle finally...