Heart Beats for Measure

Hush darlin don't cry, mama is going to make you a strong one.
Who was there to catch your tears?
Where is the gentle, in violence?
Where is fear of your own, alike that we cry.
You close out the world, because they hurt you.
And to me your leather skin, a whip.
Nothing gets in, not a lick of it.
Not to me but false as the belt around my waist...
You said you would make.
With my name.
That leather you wield is of the type.
A belt special to use on bare skin by step dad...
He measures me there, lashings to little weeps.
I don't recall even a trinity of years, nor salt on my face...
Only defiance, Built cage.
Never to touch, to never feel...anger not sweet girl.
Affection never saw me crying there.
Never felt one of them.
And you think it odd?
So much waiting, weighting on your knees.
God where are you?
Help me believe!
Agression not in me to attack, so carry all fate.
I am punished.
I am punished...
I am fined.
I am found.
In all this I can hear the sound of your thick skin, like a whip.
The silence.
Leather beatings, and why my heart beats for a measure.
Authority. Say not a Stupid girl but Defiant...headstrong.
Did you meet your match?
Did I represent some child hood fear?
Don't be angry.
You kissed away my tears...
That's all...you kissed away my years.
And my heart beats in measure.