Shameus

My neighbor is a perfect example of why our society has career criminals. A 25-year-old man, is trying to change his life around after being in trouble for addictions and being associated with a theft theft. So the landlord found out he was living here and he is being kicked out because he is a felon. He has nowhere to go except the mission,where likely his chances of getting involved with negative things again, scare the crap out of him. He is a sweetheart. He unlike my other neighbor helps around the house, is a gentleman, and is very nice to my kids. So it is very difficult when someone is trying to turn their life around, and something so basic such as housing is denied.

I know because I have been trying to move. And I have never been treated so poorly, well actually yes I have but not because of a label. Not because someone will have a 15 minute conversation with me, love me to pieces, and then I mentioned the word felon, and it's a cool shoulder. It is also an imeddiate reason to say no, obviously in my case no matter what happened, it is just a word A label.

I think of my ex-husband because when we met he was trying to turn his life around. A very long life of pain and disappointment and poor choices and at the age of 34 he was ready to make all the changes. And he did so well in his effort. But it was not a matched. He had been an assessory to a robbery at 19. It basically ruined his whole life to step in front of that gun between his friend and the cashier. Because the judge said if he ever reoffended he would have a violent offense on his record. He offended three years later for marijuana. He asked at that time if he could be sent into a Boot Camp and possibly be excepted for the military, that was the desire for his life. He wanted to change and he had been a criminal since a juvenile. The thing is once you're in trouble you will pay for it for the rest of your life. Unless you're super lucky, and have some amazing talent or education The likelihood that you will ever get a hand up out of The Mire, is slim.

I'm just saying so some people like to smoke pot? I'm just saying, how Real this drug war is. It's trading people for the system for money. It ruins lives over government choices, to keep people dependent on the system. I am no genius, but I would liken it to human trafficking.

I was told that Billings wanted to have a certain amount of felonies this year, that they needed their numbers up. To make sure that they were controlling things around here. If there wasn't so much poverty, would there be so much crime? Would my case have gathered so much attention if it wasn't a year they needed a certain number of felonies? I mean I don't consider my life ruined just yet, I still have hope. But I think of all the people who don't have this story or background or something that keeps them looking to a brighter future. I understand that crime is crime, and that there needs to be consequences to major crime. But in my opinion most crime would not exist if we weren't in such a systemized Sham.

So a 25 year-old Kid gets kicked out of housing while he's trying to better his life runs down to the mission has nowhere else to go. So he tries as hard as he can for as long as he can to stand above the crowd at the mission. Or say  maybe he needed a ride to work And loses his job because the ride wasn't dependable. He can't sleep at night because everyone so noisy and likely drunk which he is trying to stay sober. So one day someone asked him to sling some dope, he remembers how easy it was to make money, he knows there is more at stake this time. But a steak downtown sounds really good.and maybe just a glass of beer or two to go with that state… The next thing you know he is in violation of probation, and the DOC owns him for five years. He comes out when he's 30, still with non-dollar to his name now with emotional and physical scars. What do you think happens to this man, this young man trying to turn his life around? Could've been the man that fathered my children. Or hers or hers or hers. Could've been the man, never going to have a chance again.

But that's just the way it is, by Tupac. From the 90s, from ever cents the breakdown of the family unit. Ever since welfare began. Ever sense it was okay, for my rich daddy to tell my mom to have the government take care of me. I am just one story, just one systemize female. So if you do the time make sure you know you will be doing the time of your life! Time is not time forgotten.