Jail Walls

Written in Jail...April 2014  Just found it...

This bed is hard, but I am safe tonight.  Air in my lungs, and finally a spine in my back.  Be strong, dont cry...ask God to sing you a lullubye.

Make no man your god.  There is no glamour here, all my beauty fades, inside and out.  My spirit shrinks without the sunshine.  I am cold and weary.



Afraid and shaken. Struck down.

And still I love?
What is this love?

To put one above my own freedom?
To in that moment when I should flee, I linger?

This room is small it does not love me.  There is no questions I can ask or cry about these things to my walls.

Just four walls.  Silent.  Still.  Calm.  But I am not calm.
Wondering, waiting for the next sun to come up.  Where?

Where to go from here in this place to lose love?  This place to leave writing on
the walls?  Never to return, because my heart of glass was shattered, its on the floor.
Step carefully now.

Dont be afraid of where you will go without this love.  Leave it all on the wall, a heart with both our names, timeless as that is, and there is where love can stay. Right there in ink it wont fade, left behind is that love...trace your hand over it and over it, just long enough to let go.

Ummm yeah I tried...