Conference Notes

I have been at the Statewide Mental Health conference, for two days in Great Falls, MT.  Some very interesting speakers and I got to talk to some of them one on one.  By the end of the conference I was asked to be involved in legislation to get a bill for mental health rights in the legal system, so that Montana will be at federal standards. Wahoo!

Sounds totally exciting to me. Reason being is in 46 other states I would have had a chance
 at trial. In Montana there is absolutely no give on these matters.  My paperwork for two felonies says purposely and knowingly caused another harm.  I never got a chance to tell my side of it, and I definently didn't know I was harming Adam.  I was like dude...I am fantanagasmically happy...so you should know...and maybe mentioned being like a feral cat or something implicating too many hormones directed at him, lol. I was so out of it!!! Well anyway its all said and done now...I am a Felony Stalker and the title implies much more than what happened. A lot of people laugh when I tell them I got a felony for texting a man.  I don't think it is funny at all.
Well maybe funny strange. Strange I thought I was a princess???  No thats every day shit...all them women say hold your head up sweetheart, your tiarra is falling and want to have their prince charming...except I was in jail with that mindset.  Damn...maybe it is funny.

Anyway had a good time at the conference and got research to do about the legislature, how it works and also on the effectiveness of having mental health rights in place so that we no longer criminalize the mentally ill.  That was also a big discussion at the conference.

So the speaker I metioned being excited to hear is bipolar and a felon and on the National Nami Board!  Guess who unknowingly sat by him while coming in late to a session...it was so cool and he talked me me for like a half hour, after!  The next day i was sitting at lunch with the Warden of the Womens prison and the directors of the state hospital per chance invited to that table by a lady I had met the day before interested in reform.  The Nami board member came up to me and gave me his card and said he would do anything to help!

I really need to do more research before i flap my gums too hard on this.  You know to see where I stand.  I do know I was wrong, I do believe I belong in the mental health court...but it just seems and not just for me if 46 other states and federal have different laws on mental health issues, we been sleeping too long.  I am so glad I was asked to help!

Comments