A Date With my Paper Doll

Genuine, sweet, affectionate paper doll, aren't you?
Shambles of a memory written,
I was so exuberant with joy...and now?
entangled in so much time...
You handsome paper doll,
I cant stop seeing you in carhearts,
and there are no other cut outs, I see.

And you gave me a damn papercut!
And now it is a bleeding heart of hundreds of pages,
shall I send it to sea, my pirate, my cherry flavor life savor,
My hero...You tell me.

Except on here I do all the voices...
For both our characters. 
Know us not,
if the new insides collided, 
Might be just like Mars and Venus,
creating an eclipse, that looks like a yin yang.

Aww my balance, my oppositional force.
There you go...so ordinary,
Just as plain as can be.
And all this to me worth time travel...
Back to the moment trust lost.
And I wouldnt change one thing,
except to tell you that I had been needing,
this paper cut, from you paper doll.

All about a little girl that never grew up.
Butterflies danced about her tummy,
she never knew how,
and then you paper doll pushed those pages,
day after day...night after night.
Into a New World...into something different.

The blood has dried, and the papercut long,
healed in quiet places of my mind,
where I slow down and know that my pages,
and my paper boy were never fully real.

Imagine running on energy expanded by love,
staring at insanity, for my heart towards...
A genuine, sweet, affectionate boy on paper.
I do need more catnip, a sweetest gift,
for my other man who would be gone so sudden.

Make believe you believe me, 
You must because,
I am the designer of your character.
Maybe the world will see, how I write you?
Wouldnt you want to be as sweet...
as I just believe you are?

So Paper Man, I cannot write you afraid.
I cannot write you as an asshole.
I cannot see any bad in you,
I guess because I see you flat, my paper doll.
So you shall remain on my paper,
Justice whole and beautiful to me,
as you ever were...despite the haters.

And no one can change my mind.
They try to make you ugly.
Then where would be the romance?
Then what would I say?  I was wrong?
Thank you for standing next to me.
The whole time, you did a good job,
Its only paper, man.


Now lets turn on some music and slow dance...
as my fingers dance on the keyboard
Sweet dreams....paper.  I love you...doll.