Birthday!

Thirty six and on a mission! I want to bring back asylums! In 1969 the McKenny Vento Act released the care of the mentally Ill to the communities. Funding for the non profits to take care of the sick has not been increased since that Time. Some homeless commit crime so that they can be fed and taken care of in jail. The entire system, is in catastrophic meltdown. The psychward here is Ill equipped to handle the overload.  I know because they send me home psychotic to fend for myself, every time. The state hospital, mostly for the criminally insane, was my option this time, if I didn't come out of it.  Maybe the fear of being there in a hell psychosis, scared me straight somehow! I couldn't imagine me in that state of vulnerability ever figuring out who to trust or coming to reality.  Terrifying!
I was just talking to a severe alcoholic who has been relapsing for 12 years and he was asking me questions about the psychward. He needs a place to find relief for his mind, to conquer his want to  drink. I said that you cannot even get in there unless they think you are a threat to yourself or others...and it is no environment that is gonna help
you chin up and find the sunny side of life. The prayer and ministry guy repeats the same lesson every week. Duldrums and empty. "What does faith mean to you?" Same exact conversations for different people every week! What a robot...and thats suppose to give hope? I am sorry I know they all try their best there, but its some serious overload on that factory!
Time for change! It would be so cool to have alternatives! I am thinking holistic care in a mountainside setting. Different levels of care based on need scattered throught the state.Like I am much more capable than alot of other people when I am well, but when I am not it would be so nice to have a place to go with a healing environment, rather than keep me in society and force me to jump through criminal hoops while I am having my experience. I mean my brain was like on a constant acid fry, I am terrfied to leave my house when I am like that and they still make me come to court? Where is the humanity in that?  There is none.  And when I open up and tell the whole story of where I was during all of this and how terrifying it was...some jaws are gonna drop and there will be some serious discussion about Mental Health Treatment. I am so lucky I am a tough one....because it was surely an attempt on my life!
Anyway...a place to go. Not too crowded...a fireplace to read by. A path that leads to a river.Is it too much to ask to be treated well, despite my mental instability? Cant I eat delicious food, healthy food? Maybe the crazy rich people get it like that? I am sorry but I really just expect more from a civilized society that fights for rights and causes for everything in the book, but overlooks this blinding situation, that was handed to us by Nixon, by welfare...by the imploding degredation of the American dream. It really is time for things to change concerning mental health rights and also the warehouse of the criminal system... Ok so I am passionate!

Anyway I thought I should finally mention that the mistakes on my posts are driving me crazy!  My laptop is malfunctioning and so I have been using my droid and it has a funky auto correct on it...which is driving my perfectionist side of my bipolar brain nuts!

Comments