Pride and Punishment

So I can think of a million terrible criminal activities that could result in a felony.  I am glad mine was for love.  To love someone unconditionally with your whole heart is a real gift from above that I have never known.  I can't say I regret it and this is all just how it turned out, even though ultimately its no fairytale. But I think of all that I have learned in sobriety and think maybe none of it would have happened, if he hadn't healed me with his touch.  Just thinking when you are not treated right, you never know the difference until someone shows you.  I had prayed for spiritual virginity and I guess God gave it to me, because I got to feel chemistry and love for the first time.  I guess I got a little over excited about that, and who would understand the rationality of it meaning so much to me?


Yeah so my head is messed up.  Yeah so.  Something a little special about me that makes people not like me.  I don't choose it.  I still think it is a gift, something that makes me unique, and hey quite the life story to tell.  A felon for loving a man...seems as if I am a heroine of sorts or a martyr for a cause.  Like what right did I have?  Silly.  I heard about a man who stalked a woman for 10 years before they went after him.  My case happened swiftly...down for the count in one year and criminalized for my healing.  Well at least I got that much out of it. At least I had to face my past, and at least I am closer to God and know my value through him.


I get made fun of a lot for loving such a "loser," that would put all this on me in sobriety.  I still stick up for him, even though what has happened is like the Ludacris story of the century.  He tells people he is scared for his life.  Well I may be spiritually crazy and that's the way I heal and process...but I am not violent or abusive.  I am a sweet person with a lot to offer.  Yeah so a felon for loving someone and not being able to let go.  Guess he must of meant something to me...that may be obvious by now lol.


Troubles make me humble and greatful.  Amen.

Comments