Written for Marj who died of Dual Diagnosis


How Many Black Eyes?

Didn’t you know you were pretty?

Didn’t you know you were smart?

Didn’t you know why the boys picked on you?

Did you know you were always the fastest?

Did you see how high you could jump?

Could you make any rainy day brighter with just one story?

Did you love to dance?

Could you twirl a baton?

Could you make me laugh?

Could you win a spelling bee?

Did you find a good man?

Could you play hard to get?

Are your scars inside or out?

Can you know every trick and never get it right?

Do you feel safest in the dark?

Can you shine like a star all the time, or never?

You asked me to hit you my sister.

Why laugh when it hurts?

I have never had one black eye.

Woman why can’t you control your demons?

Who are you listening to?

You are weird, stupid and crazy. and you can never "hear" any better.

“GET OUT OF HERE YOU STUPID GIRL.  YOU WONT STOP TALKING ABOUT YOUR EX HUSBAND YOU ARE NOT MY FRIEND.” She said.

Sober.

Didn’t you know you had angel armies?

Didn’t you know you were a warrior princess?

Didn’t you know that every tear and cut is washed for trade in heaven?

Didn’t you know you were the toughest in spirit?

No, because you look weak to those who won’t understand.

I laughed with you my sister.

Your beauty amazes me.

Enough is enough when it is enough.

You have always been beautiful in heaven.

I desire to see you there when my life mission is complete.

Free from chains of demons.

At rest and complete.

No more war.

Battle won.

Victory.

 

 

Comments