Drunk Girl Versus Good Girl Written on my 34th Birthday


Drunk Girl and Good Girl                                                                                                       October 1, 2012 
MY 34th Birthday
Good girl is bright and talented.  Everything she sets her hand to goes well and she is fiercely competitive. Good girl shines, but she doesn’t know it, and she has this problem…Good girl gets this nervous feeling in her chest. (right about here).  Drunk girl comes along and she makes fast friends with good girl.  Drunk girl is so much fun and outgoing, every time she time she turns around something new and exciting is happening…drunk girl is so alive.  Soon enough good girl and drunk girl are inseparable.  They never go anywhere without each other.  But like most good friends some fighting begins to take place.  The two girls were embarrassing each other…something had to be done.  Drunk girl likes to win and she fights dirty…she tells good girl that she is not good enough, not pretty enough, and needs to go away. Good girl agrees with drunk girl.
Fast forward a few years and now drunk girl has hidden good girl away in  a dark and gloomy dungeon.  Drunk girl visits good girl to Steal her talents and abilities, but never lets her see the light of day. Drunk girl borrows good girl’s mirror, so she never has to take a look at herself.  The dungeon is a great place to hide good girl. 
Drunk girl keeps visiting good girl and greedily sucks the life out of her. She is slowly suffocating her, but agonizingly she keeps good girl alive…because drunk girl knows she cannot survive without her.  So this goes on for some time and good girl is beaten and starved on a regular basis.  There is little life left in her.  Good girl does not understand why drunk girl would do this to her.  But still it goes on and on and she never gets to leave the dungeon.
One day drunk girl goes down to get some more success from good girl.  But to her surprise she finds good girl laying on the cold dark floor, her eyes are glazed over.  She shakes good girl, and slaps her across the face.  Drunk girl checks for a pulse…it is weak, but still there.  Drunk girl must do something fast, because she knows she cannot live without good girls talents.  She rushes good girl to the hospital.  The doctors do all they can for her.  They have good girl hooked up to all kinds of machines.  Drunk girl holds good girls hand pleading with good girl to stay by her side.  There is fear in drunk girl’s eyes as she sees her own life support slipping away. 
Good girl closes her eyes and with her last breath, she cries out “mercy.”  A moment later the machine reads out a flat line.
Drunk girl is furious.  She is ruined without good girl.  She runs out of the hospital screaming…she knows she is doomed.  She will never see good girl again.  She has finally left good girl alone.
Good girl is shocked to life. Good girl wakes up.  She is in a recovery room.  She is alive!
I like that story, because that is what recovery has done for me this time.  I was dead and something needed to shock me to bring me back to life.  My last drunk shocked me.  I feel like when I walked into the Westside this time that God breathed life back into me and filled me to full. Me and my self-centered life had to be ripped apart.  I had to be empty for God to refill me…to rebuild me good. I have so much hope.  I have new life.  This is big, this is a life changing experience.  All of it.  You are too…life changing.  I am so happy that I get to share this with you.  It’s all life changing.  And you are in my story.  It is an awesome story, and I am so happy that today I don’t feel like I wrecked it by telling you.  Here I am writing my little heart out again and last night I was so upset that I had ruined the whole thing.  God is good.  If I wouldn’t of imagined that you loved me, and that I made you cry too…I would still be crying this morning.  I am glad that is not what happened.  This tool is so powerful to me.